looking forward to Begum Jaan's release: Vidya Balan
Actress Vidya Balan says 'Begum Jaan' has been a great experience, and she is looking forward to its release.
'I am coming back from Kolkata after promoting the film. It was a great experience. Right now, I am feeling very excited about 'Begum Jaan' and loving the reactions of people. I am looking forward to the release now,' Vidya said here at the airport.
The first poster of the Srijit Mukherji directorial has a tagline that reads: 'My Body, My House, My Country, My Rules'. The poster has Vidya sitting with dishevelled hair, holding a hookah pipe in her hand, and she is dressed in a maroon lehenga and an embroidered blouse.
Asked if 'Begum Jaan' can be tagged as the boldest film of this year, Vidya said: 'That I won't be able to tell.'
The film, which is the Hindi adaptation of Bengali movie 'Rajkahini', will see 'The Dirty Picture' actress portraying the role of brothel's madam during the partition of India.
The film also features Naseeruddin Shah and Gauahar Khan in key roles and is slated to release on 14 April, 2017.
- Being Smart: Salman Khan to launch mobile phones in Indian market!
- Golmaal Again goes on floor with Ajay Devgn and Parineeti Chopra
- Social media has made men less of men, says John Abraham
- Sunny Leone was first choice for special number, says Praveen Sattaru
- Couldn't care less about name calling on social media: Richa Chadha