Srinagar, April 27: Three Army men were martyred on Thursday in an early morning suicide attack by terrorists at the Chokibal Army camp in the Panzgam area in Kupwara, Jammu and Kashmir. The attack took place early on Thursday morning around 5:15 am and was followed by a gunbattle between the terrorists and the security forces. While two terrorists were gunned down, one escaped. The soldiers martyred include a Captain. Here are new details that have emerged on the terror attack in Panzgam:
- Names of the martyrs: Captain Ayush Yadav and Subedar Bhoop Singh from artillery, Naik Venkat Ramanna from infantry.
- Seven soldiers were injured and were taken to Srinagar. One of them is critical.
- 3 AK-47s, 9 magazines, 1 Chinese pistol, 2 GPS sets, 1 smart phone have been recovered from site. Sanitisation operations are on.
- Panzgam has two perimeter fence. While the first fence was breached, terrorists fired under-barrel grenades on officer accommodation, which caused three fatalities.
- Three terrorists were involved in the attack. Two were killed while one escaped. These were foreign terrorists who infiltrated the Line Of Control earlier this month.