Kupwara (Jammu and Kashmir) [India] Apr 27 (ANI): A massive gun-battle was witnessed earlier in the day as terrorists attacked an Indian Army camp in Kupwara’s Panzgam in Jammu and Kashmir.
Two terrorists were neutralised and three Army personnel lost their lives.
Here is a timeline of the deadly attack that unfolded today:
• The terrorists entered the Kupwara Army camp around 4.40 a.m.
• In few minutes two terrorists were neutralized by the forces, while one managed to escape.
• The camp is around 10-12 km away from the Line of Control (LoC).
• There are total nine units in the area and the camp includes artillery and infantry units.
• The area of the camp is around 600 and 400 meters.
• There are two layers fencing around the camp and the distance between both the fences is 50 to 75 meters and both were cut by the terror group.
• The terrorists entered from the back side of the firing range and then cut the fence and reached the officer complex area, sources state.
• The terrorists first hit the officer complex then moved to the other place.
• All the three AK-47s belonging to them have been recovered during search operation.
• Total Weapons recovered are:
1. Three AK 47
2. Nine magazines
3. One Chinese pistol
4. Hand Grenades
5. Mapping sheet
6. Two GPRS equipment
7. One smart phone
• All three were wearing black ‘pathan’ suit and half combat jacket.
• Seven Army soldiers were injured, six are in Srinagar and one is being treated in Kupwara itself. According to reports one of them is in a critical condition.
Meanwhile, reports of stone pelting have emerged from locations near to the site of the Army camp attack.
The political fraternity has come together in condemning the attack and also paying their tributes to the slain soldiers. (ANI)
This is published unedited from the ANI feed.