New Delhi, April 10: Charged with espionage and sentenced to death in Pakistan, Indian national Kulbhushan Yadav has been the center of all talks in the nation. On Monday, a Pakistani court sentenced this Indian national on alleged charges of being an Indian spy and has sentenced him death. As per Pakistani media, he was arrested in March 2016 when he tried to enter Pakistan via Iran ‘illegally’ and since then there has been a question mark over the fate of this ex-navy officer. However, the question remains, who is Kulbhushan Yadav. Here are a few things you need to know about Kulbhushan Yadav.
10 things you need to know about Kulbhushan Yadav:
- As per reports, Kulbhushan Yadav was born on 16 April 1970 in India to Sudhir and Avanti Yadav and resided in Mumbai.
- In 1987, he joined the National Defence Academy (NDA) and was commissioned in the engineering branch of the Indian Navy in 1991.
- He took premature retirement and started residing in Iran where he started his own business.
- Yadav was arrested allegedly from Balochistan after he entered from Iran.
- However, Indian authorities are of the opinion that Yadav was picked up from Iran.
- Although the Pakistani Intelligence agencies claim that Yadav has confessed of him being a RAW agent, Indian authorities have denied that. However, India has acknowledged the fact that Kulbhushan Yadav is indeed an Indian and was a retired naval officer.
- Initially,there was a report in India Today that suggested that Yadav was abducted by extremist Sunni group Jaishul Adil.