Here are the top headlines today:
1. Green signal to made in India vaccine attracts criticism, opposition experts claim hasty approval given to Covaxin, asks ‘Why not wait till trials are over?’
2. Government defends drug regulators’ decision says ‘Due process followed’, Health Minister counters critics says ‘Recipients of Covaxin will be tracked as if in trial’.
3. 40 days since the Kisan agitation meeting between farmers and government, centre to engage protesting farmers for a seventh time begins’. Agriculture Minister hopeful of ending the stalemate.
4. IT department records Robert Vadra’s statement in connection with the alleged Benami property.
5. 25 killed in roof collapse at a crematorium in Uttar Pradesh’s Moradnagar. Three arrested but contractor on the run. Apathy and negligence spark anger.
6. Stranded at the China coast, sailors put hope on the centre.