On 25 March, Yogi Adityanath, who was sworn-in as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh on 19 March, addressed his first public rally.
Speaking in Gorakhpur, his hometown of which he’s also a Lok Sabha MP, Yogi touched upon matters of development, thanked the people of Uttar Pradesh for their support and promised nobody would be neglected under BJP rule.
Development of All
- I am thankful to the 22 crore people of UP who gave the BJP, on the insistence of the world's most popular politician PM Modi and Amit Shah, a chance to form the government.
- PM Modi's development programmes are being made available to all the citizens. He has entrusted me with the responsibility of making the dreams of the state true.
- Brain drain was a problem, businessmen were moving out, women and anganwadi workers continue their protests.
- Amit Shah has been instrumental in making the BJP the world's most important political party and popular in UP. The result is in front of us.
- It's not just a position for me, we are also responsible for the well-being of the state and its populace.
‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas’
- Sabka saath and sabka vikas ki raah pe chalenge. Modi ji was anxious about how to fix things in Uttar Pradesh and how to develop such a huge state.
- The Prime Minister has put down foundations for a fertiliser company and AIIMS hospital. Uttar Pradesh will surely not fall behind.
- The Modi government’s schemes are for everyone’s benefit. We all are just representatives to realise his dream.
Work for All Parts of UP, Not Just Gorakhpur
- I may not be around in Gorakhpur as much as I’d like, but we will find a solution to this and for all of Gorakhpur’s problems.
- My work will be for all parts of UP, not just Gorakhpur or eastern UP. I am one of you.
- Goondaraaj will end. Gorakhpur has been a hub of all such criminal activities. People were scared if you told them you were from Gorakhpur. This will change.
- Those undertaking Kailash Mansarovar Yatra will be given Rs 1 lakh.
No Discrimination on Caste and Creed
- I will ensure there will be no discrimination based on caste, creed, colour or community.
- We are devoted to the development of UP, there will be no corruption.
- We want your support and guarantee the safety of all.
- Josh mein hosh na khone ki stithi aani nahi chahiye.
- We have formed anti-romeo squads. Destructive minds, eve-teasers will be dealt with.
- Anti-Romeo squads have been created for safety of girls, but police has been instructed not to harass innocent couples.
(With inputs from PTI.)