New Delhi, Aug 20: The estimated loss caused by Kerala floods stands at around Rs 19,512 crore. Chief Minister of Kerala, Pinarayi Vijayan has urged for generous contributions, as the state fights a long battle to restore the state.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi who visited the state announced a Rs 500 crore grant. This is apart from the Rs 100 crore announced by Union Home Minister, Rajnath Singh.
The relief work has begun, with nearly 200 persons losing their lives. There have been some generous contributions to Kerala from various states and let us take a look at who has given what.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a Rs 500 crore grant.
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh announced a Rs 100 crore grant.
- Delhi CM, Arvind Kejriwal announced Rs 10 crore as grant and the one month salaries of all AAP MLAs and MPs will be given to Kerala.
- Congress MLAs and MPs too have pledged their one month's salaries.
- Bihar Chief Minster, Nitish Kumar announced a Rs 10 crore grant.
- Odisha CM, Naveen Patnaik announced an additional grant of Rs 5 crore to the earlier sanctioned Rs 5 crore.
- Tamil Nadu- Rs 10 crore
- Andhra Pradesh- Rs 10 crore
- Puducherry- Rs 1 crore
- Jharkhand- Rs 5 crore
- Maharashtra- Rs 20 crore
- Gujarat- Rs 10 crore
- Punjab- Rs 10 crore
- Telangana- Rs 25 crore
- Himachal Pradesh- Rs 5 crore
- Uttarakhand- Rs 5 crore
- Chattisgarh- Rs 3 crore
- Madhya Pradesh- Rs 10 crore
- Karnataka- Rs 10 crore
- West Bengal- Rs 10 crore
- Manipur- Rs 2 crore
- In addition to this several NGOs too have come forward and contributed. The Qatar government allocated Rs 35 crore towards the relief fund of Kerala. The UAE too formed a committee to provide relief.
- Star India donated Rs 2 crore, while Sun TV made a donation of Rs 1 crore. Asianet employees have pledged Rs 25 lakh. State Bank of India has donated Rs 2 crore, while TVS & Sons CEO Raghavan handed over Rs 1 crore.
- Malayalam actors, Mammooty and Dulquer Salman contributed Rs 15 lakh and Rs 10 lakh respectively. Mohanlal has contributed Rs 25 lakh. Kamal Hassan has donated Rs 25 lakh, while Dhanush contributed Rs 15 lakh. Vishal and Sivakarthikeyan gave Rs 10 lakh each.
Also Read | How to help flood-hit people of Kerala
- Telugu actor Vijay donated Rs 5 lakh, while Anupama Parameswaran donated Rs 1 lakh.
- Tamil actor Vijay Sethupathi donated Rs 25 lakh and actress Rohini donated Rs 2 lakh to the relief fund.
- 21-year-old student from Kerala who was trolled for selling fish, Hanan also donated Rs 1.5 lakh. DMK donated Rs 1 crore, as well. BJP MP Varun Gandhi has also donated Rs 2 lakh.
- Attorney General K K Venugopal has donated Rs 1 crore.