Kerala: School boy commits suicide after school alleges copying
A 16-year-old boy here committed suicide allegedly after being harassed by school authorities over an incident of copying during the annual examinations.
The boy, Arjun, was a plus one student of MGM school, Aiyoor at Varkala in Thiruvananthapuram district, police said.
Alleging that he had copied, the school authorities had convened a special meeting and summoned the boy's parents.
They allegedly insulted him in front of his parents, the classmates said.
On 14 March, 2017, the boy was found hanging inside his house.
School authorities have however denied the charge that the student had been harassed.
- J&K: 3 terrorists neutralised in Kupwara encounter
- Agusta Westland case: Delhi High Court adjourns bail cancellation hearing till 12 April
- Raj Babbar offers to quit after Congress poll debacle in UP
- K'taka abolishes additional excise on liquor, lifts VAT on wine, beer
- BSP smells foul play, decides to observe black day on 11th of every month