Mahesh Narayanan's directorial debut Take Off is continuing its good run at the Kerala Box Office. Jointly written by Mahesh Narayanan and P.V. Shajikumar, the film stars Parvathy, Kunchacko Boban, Fahadh Faasil and Asif Ali in lead roles. Take Off also marks the Malayalam debut of Prakash Belawadi of Akshay Kumar's Airlift fame.
The film, which had released on 24 March to positive reviews has minted Rs. 12 crore on its end of the second weekend. The film has already crossed the Rs. 1 crore mark at the Cochin multiplexes alone, which is impressive considering that the film had stiff competitions in the form of new Malayalam releases Mammootty starrer The Great Father and Mohanlal starrer 1971 Beyond Borders.
Take Off is based on the 2014 real-life incidents happened in Iraq following the kidnapping of 46 Indian nurses by the Islamic State in Tikrit. The film has opened to great reviews from the audience and critics alike and also saw one of the best reviews for a Malayalam film since Mohanlal's 2013 suspense thriller Drishyam.
- Mohanlal plays a college principal in the Lal Jose film
- The Great Father : Mammootty, Prithviraj film's UAE release confirmed on 13 April
- "Don't buy a film for enormous price and crib about losses post it's theatrical release", Rajinikanth warns film distributors
- There will be no Baahubali 3, says SS Rajamouli
- National Film Awards : It was a neck to neck battle between Mohanlal and Akshay Kumar, reveals Priyadarshan