Mammootty's Vishu release Puthan Panam released today. Directed by Ranjith and jointly produced by Ranjith, Abraham Mathew, and Arun Narayanan, under the banner Three Colour Cinema, the film narrates the story of black money in the backdrop of current financial scenario in India. Puthan Panam also marks the acting debut of Master Suraj. The film also stars Renji Panicker, Mamukoya, Siddique, Saikumar, Hareesh Kanaran, Abu Salim, Iniya, Jennifer Antony and Sheelu Abraham.
As per early reports, the film has opened to mixed response from the audience. The film is getting positive reports for its first half, but the second half has not been liked by many. The Malayalam superstar portrays the role of Nithyananda Shenoy, a middle-aged man who hails from Kumbala, Kasargode in the film and the audience are finding it to difficult to understand the heavy use of Kasargode dialect in the film. Audience are also said to be disappointed with the less screen presence of Mammootty in the film, which might affect the film's collections after the 5-long day weekend.
It's going to be the battle of two Mammootty starrers at the box office as the the actor's previous hit film, The Great Father is just nearing it's third weekend at the Kerala box office.
- Fortunate to start my acting career with Mohanlal sir, says 1971 Beyond Borders actress Priyanka Agrawal
- Priyadarshan hits back at Murgadoss
- I'm not doing any film with Akshay Kumar. My next films will star Ajay Devgn and Abhishek Bachchan, reveals Priyadarshan
- Mohanlal plays a college principal in the Lal Jose film
- Kerala Box Office: Take Off continued its good run despite the release of The Great Father and 1971 Beyond Borders