Kerala Police has registered 11 cases against six accused persons, nabbed in Kalpatta in Waynad district for raping seven minor girls of an orphanage.
According to Rajpal Meena, Superintendent of Police Wayanad, investigation is progressing and the accused have been arrested.
"We are also probing whether more girls were subjected to rape by the gang", the District Police Chief told India Today.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All accused are linked to the local shop near the orphanage, where one of the girls was questioned on suspicion by a staffer while coming out.
- Police investigation revealed that the girls were lured into the shop by offering candies and then inside they were shown porn videos.
- The girls confessed of being raped by the shop owner and his friends repeatedly over two months.
- The accused six threatened the girls of dire consequences if they reported the matter.
- A case has been registered under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses Act.
Read the full story here: 7 minor girls in Kerala orphanage raped for 2 months