Kazakhstan opens consulate in Chennai
This week the Government of Kazakhstan opened its consulate in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The consular district will include the states of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala and will be headed by well-known businessman and Chairman of Kirtilals Mr. Suraj Shantakumar.
Speaking on the occasion, Kazakhstan's Ambassador to India Bulat Sarsenbayev noted the symbolism of the event in the year of the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between India and his country.
He expressed confidence that with the establishment of the consulate in Tamil Nadu, which is known for its developed IT industry, engineering, tourism and transport infrastructure, as well as agricultural production, will promote cooperation in these areas.
Chief Guest and Supreme Court judge Mr. Justice R.K. Agarwal said the opening of the consulate will ensure a significant contribution to the already deep bilateral economic ties and an increase in the flow of mutual investment.
Chennai is a major industrial center of India, and is considered the automotive capital of the country.
- I thought being President would be easier: Donald Trump
- China asks EU to stop interfering in Hong Kong, Macao affairs
- Donald Trump to consult with Chinese president Xi before speaking to Taiwan
- Conflict with North Korea is 'biggest worry' of US: Donald Trump
- India tops list of Dubai's 100 tourist source markets