Chennai: 36 newborn babies and their mothers were rescued from the fire burn out in Chennai's Kasturba government general hospital's observation ward. The babies and the mothers were rescued by the hospital staff and shifted to another hospital ward. The Fire and rescue authorities and police of the state rushed into the hospital, and they are carrying out investigations on the mishap. The fire happened on the 2nd floor of the hospital ward. According to the fire and rescue service, the fire was caused by a short circuit which led to the fire breakout. A major tragedy was overturned in the hospital.
Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting