Two persons were killed and 17 others injured today in clashes between security forces and stone-pelting protesters near the site of an anti-militancy operation in Chadoora area of central Kashmir's Budgam district.
22-year-old Kashmiri youth identified as Zahid Rashid received bullet injuries on his neck in the violent mob clash. Another person was killed and seventeen others were also injured in the clashes.
All you need to know:
- Chadoora Hospital's Dr Dileer Bhat told India Today that Rashid had a bullet injury on his neck and was shifted to a Srinagar hospital for better treatment.
- According to sources, Rashid succumbed to his injuries at Srinagar's Shri Maharaja Hari Singh (SMHS) Hospital.
- An encounter broke out today morning between militants and the security forces in Chadoora in Kashmir's Budgam district.
- Reports claim that stone-pelters have been since trying to disrupt the operation being carried out by Indian security forces.
- This comes just days after two Hizb-ul-Mujahideen militants were killed in an encounter in south Kashmir's Pulwama district.
- Massive protests are currently underway near the encounter site.