Online registrations to visit Kartarpur Sahib started on 24 October when India and Pakistan signed an agreement to initiate the Kartarpur corridor so that the devotees can visit the gurudwara.
Kartarpur Sahib is located in Pakistan's Narowal district across the Ravi river, about four kilometres from the Dera Baba Nanak shrine.
Pakistan is building the corridor from the Indian border to the Gurdwara Darbar Sahib in Kartarpur, while the other part from Dera Baba Nanak in Gurdaspur up to the border is being built by India. To know the important documentation and how the devotees can register on the official website of Ministry of Home Affairs read on.
Applicants will be asked for some documentation during the registration. The Indian applicants should be carrying a soft copy of a passport size photo, also they should have a scanned copy of the first and last page of the passport. For OCI cardholders, they must carry the OCI card details with them.
Steps for Online Registration of Kartarpur Corridor
- Visit the official website of Ministry of Home Affairs at prakashpurb550.mha.gov.in/kpr.
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ on the menu bar.
- Candidates have to then select the nationality and date of journey.
- After clicking continue, the website will show the various available dates of the slot to visit Kartarpur.
- ‘Part A’ registration forms of Kartarpur Corridor will appear, applicants have to fill the form accordingly and click on save & continue.
- On moving forward, the applicants will be asked to upload the soft copy of the passport and photograph.
- After completing all the steps the applicants will get their respective registration number and a pdf copy. Save the registration number and download the pdf file for future reference.
. Read more on India by The Quint.RSS & BJP’s Nehru-Netaji ‘Cosplay’: Irony Dies a Thousand DeathsKPL Fixing Row: Ex-Karnataka Cricketers CM Gautam & Kazi Arrested . Read more on India by The Quint.