Bengaluru, April 12: The results for the Karnataka bye-elections will be announced today. Polling for the Nanjangud and Gundlupet assembly constituencies had happened on April 9. The counting will start at 8 am and the first trend will come at around 9 am. The picture will be clear by noon. Here is how you catch trends. Log on to www.India.com for the results. You can also log on to the website of the election commission for results.
The supporters of both– the BJP and Congress–are eagerly waiting for the results of the semifinals before the mains: the general assembly elections 2018. It was a clash of titans. The Lingayat strongman Yeddyurappa from the BJP and the Dalit icon Siddaramaiah from the Congress party clashed for the all important assembly seats. The Karnataka by-poll results 2017 will decide who has the upper hand going into the main elections.
All you need to know about
- The results for Karnataka bypoll 2017 will be announced on Thursday. The counting for assembly bye-elections in Karnataka’s Nanjangud and Gundlupet will start at 8 am and the first trends are expected to come at 9 am today.
- The results will be announced on the website of Election Commission. Trends can also be seen at India.com. The bye-elections are a precursor to Karnataka’s assembly elections in 2018. Both Congress and BJP have thrown their all in these elections. Here is all you want to know about the Karnataka bypoll 2017.
- It was a BJP vs Congress competition in Nanjangud bye-elections, polling for which was held in the district on April 9. Congress party’s Kalale N Keshavamurthy took on a strong challenge of BJP’s V Srinivasa Prasad. Both leaders had contested last time from different parties. While Keshavamurthy had contested from a JDS ticket, Prasad contested on a Congress ticket. Srinivasa recently fell out with Congress over cabinet reshuffle, forcing an election in the assembly segment. He joined the Bharatiya Janata Party. Keshavamurthy joined the Congress. In 2013, Srinivas had defeated Keshavamurthy.
- The list of candidates in Nanjangud
BJP-V. Srinivasa Prasad
D. Eshwar Swabhimaani-Independent
R. Prasanna Goluru-Independent
- Gundlupet–the other assembly constituency that went to bye-elections on April 9–also witnessed a two-cornered fight between the Congress party and BJP. In 2013, veteran Congress leader H.S. Mahadeva Prasad had defeated KJP’s Niranjan Kumar. The election was called due to the demise of HS Mahadeva Prasad.
List of candidates
INC-M.C.Mohan Kumari Urf Geetha