TOP HEADLINES OF THE DAY:
1. Rhea Chakraborty's lawyer Satish Maneshinde said that they would decide about moving the Bombay High Court next week after a local court in Mumbai rejected her bail plea in connection with a drugs case related to the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput.
"We will decide next week on the course of action on approaching the high court," said Rhea Chakraborty's lawyer.
Rhea Chakraborty, Showik Chakraborty, Abdul Basit, Zaid Vilatra, Dipesh Sawant and Samuel Miranda were all arrested by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in connection with the drugs case.
The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) argued in court that granting bail to Rhea and others would "hamper" the investigation.
2. Inside details of the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) crucial meet in the Bollywood drug mafia link has been accessed by Times Now.
The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) has found that within the Bollywood industry there are celebrities who procured banned substances and supplied to others. These celebrities act as suppliers themselves in the drug net.
25 drug peddlers and 15 Bollywood celebs under the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) lens and they will be summoned too.
Earlier today, a special court in Mumbai rejected the bail plea of Rhea Chakraborty, her brother Showik Chakraborty and others accused in the drug abuse case.
3. It is reported that actress Sanjjanaa Galrani refused to take the dope test. She stated that she is losing her faith in the police and is not aware of why she was brought here. She stated that she does now trust the media reports and the police and she refused to take the test as her lawyers will advise.
The actress also emphasised how it is her fundamental right and nobody can force her. As per the actress's claim, there is no evidence and she has done no wrong.
She also said if she has called someone and that person called another person, it is not her fault that and she should not be held responsible for it. She kept saying that the police have duped her into this and is not aware of why she is brought here.
4. Actress Kangana Ranaut has now questioned Sonia Gandhi the interim President of the Congress Party. In a series of tweets, Kangana Ranaut questioned Congress Chief's silence after her office was demolished.
She stated that Sonia Gandhi grew up in the west and lived in India. 'You must be aware of the struggles of women, history will judge your silence and indifference when your own government is harassing women and ensuring a total mockery of law and order', says Kangana Ranaut.
The direct attack that came after the BMC, the civic body in Mumbai demolished of what they claimed was an illegal portion of Kangana Ranaut's production house.
5. Enforcement Directorate has now taken Kerala Minister KT Jaleel in its ambit in regards to the Kerala gold smuggling case. The minister is being grilled by the ED. KT Jaleel’s name came up in the Life housing mission project, a state-run project which received donations from UAE’s company. Swapna Suresh received a commission in this project as well.
Apart from KT Jaleel, M.Sivasankar also has been in the limelight because of Swapna Suresh’s link with the CM’s former secretary. Enforcement Directorate has also questioned Bineesh Kodiyeri, CPM’s state secretary’s son. This is the first time a sitting minister is being questioned by the Enforcement Directorate.