Justin Bieber imitator charged with child sex, rape offenses
Beliebers, be more concious before pinging any social media profile having you star on the DP!
A man, who allegedly posed as Bieber online, has been charged with more than 900 child sex offenses, including rape.
According to a CNN report, the 42-year-old man allegedly used multiple platforms, including Facebook and Skype, to communicate with his victims, Australian police said in a statement.
The man allegedly posed as Bieber in order to solicit explicit images from children under 16.
'This investigation demonstrates both the vulnerability of children that are utilizing social media and communication applications and the global reach and skill that child sex offenders have to groom and seduce victims,' Rouse said.
Hence, the police warned parents and Bieber fans to be extra vigilant when using the internet.
The alleged offender was investigated and arrested by the Argos Taskforce, a special branch of the police in Queensland, responsible for the investigation of online child exploitation and abuse.
- Miss Sloane review: Jessica Chastain shines despite a weak script
- Britney Spears' Instagram birthday wish for boyfriend
- Natalie Portman blessed with a baby daughter
- Patriot's Day movie review: Works as a tribute to Boston, fails as cinema
- Logan movie review: Gritty, violent and hands down the best X-Men flick so far