Here are the top headlines of the day:
1. After isolating Islamists, PM Modi’s government’s push for Hindus, Modi government registers and rehabilitates and makes a plan for that. Return sparks major faceoff.
2. Enforcement Directorate probes a media portal, funding from businessperson linked to China’s regime. 3. Kanwar Yatra cancelled in Uttar Pradesh, but in Kerala, Sabarimala Temple opens up, with COVID restrictions in place. Hypocrisy contributes to most COVID cases.
4. Punjab CM Captain Amarinder Singh accepts Navjot Singh Sidhu as Punjab Congress Chief but with a condition, says ‘His decision is going to be binding and Sidhu must apologise.’
5. Ahead of monsoon session, government convenes all party meeting, PM Modi all set to attend.
6. 20 people reported dead in Mumbai's Chembur due to a landslide that triggered a wall collapse amid heavy rains. IMD has now issued a red alert.