Jammu & Kashmir: Militants try to rob Kulgam Bank's cash van; kill 5 Cops, 2 security guards
In an attempt to rob the cash van of Jammu & Kashmir Kulgam Bank, Militants on 1 May killed five policemen and two bank guards.
The terrorists fired heavily from different sides at a cash delivery van of J&K bank in south Kashmir's Kulgam district.
According to media reports, the J&K Bank cash vehicle was attacked by 5-6 militants near Pombai Kakran Agricultural University orchard resulting in the death of five policemen and 2 security guards.
The militants decamped with five SLR rifles from the spot.
"The unidentified gunmen today made an unsuccessful attempt to loot a cash van of J&K bank. Thanks to the police personnel on duty," a senior police official said.
Last year after demonetization, terrorists had robbed three branches of J&K Bank in Budgam and Pulwama districts of south Kashmir and eloped with more than Rs 30 lakh.
- Bengaluru: Ola terminates cab driver for allegedly molesting woman passenger
- AAP MLAs to Kejriwal: Sack 'treacherous' Amanatullah
- Sonia Gandhi's organisational reshuffle, a message to all in Congress
- Delhi Govt. orders crackdown against 'unscrupulous' petrol pumps
- 'No region can validate terrorism': PM Modi's veiled attack on Pakistan