11 years, 22 movies, more than two dozens character arcs involved, a fanbase of billions and one mad titan, the Earth’s Mightiest Heroes are set to arrive at the box office for one last time.
Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Endgame will be releasing worldwide on Friday, 26 April and there’s literally no one who can hide their excitement.
Business experts and trade analysts across the world have put their bid on Endgame to break all box office records.
#AvengersEndgame advance booking is unheard of, unimaginable and unprecedented... Much, much better than several #Hindi biggies that opened in 2018 and 2019... Eyes a record-breaking, historic start in #India... Dear BO records, get ready to be smashed and shattered!— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) April 22, 2019
The movie has shattered many records even before its release.
Avengers: Endgame (Pre-release records)
- The longest runtime movie in MCU history (3 hours 58 seconds), Avengers: Endgame has the record for most trailer views online in 24 hours (289 million), which was previously held by the last installment of the Avengers saga, Infinity War (230 million).
- The movie also created a new tickets pre-sale record. On Fandango, Avengers: Endgame broke the first-day ticket sales record in just six hours, passing Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and Avengers: Infinity War. Though the exact numbers weren’t specified by Fandango.
- In India, the movie made history by selling one million tickets in just over a day with BookMyShow witnessing a peak of 18 tickets per second.
- Atom Tickets - a newer entrant into the movie ticketing space announced that the Marvel superhero sequel cracked their record for the best pre-sale title of all time on their service. And it only took 10 days to set the new record which was previosly held by Warner Bros. Aquaman (32 days).
- Such is the hype around the Endgame that many chains of theatres, including AMC have announced to keep their theatres open 24 hours to accomodate increasing audience demands to watch the movie.
But this isn’t surprising at all. Ever since it began in 2008 with Iron Man, the Marvel Cinematic Universe has been setting staggering box office numbers, year after year. The 21 movies till Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel amounts to $7,270,926,072 worldwide box office collections. Here’s the list of all the MCU movies so far and their box office numbers.
MCU Box Office Numbers
Source: Box Office Mojo
18th movie in the MCU, Black Panther, has the best box office numbers till date. The Ryan Coogler directed film also became the first ever Superhero movie to be nominated across six Academy Awards categories including the Best Picture of 2018 and went on to win three of them.
So with our heroes facing the highest stakes of all time, the whole industry biting their nails off and fans awaiting the ultimate conclusion of their childhood journeys, Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Endgame is set to become a box office phenomenon, whatever it takes.
. Read more on Cinema by The Quint.RSS & BJP’s Nehru-Netaji ‘Cosplay’: Irony Dies a Thousand DeathsIron Man to Avengers Endgame: Marvel Studios’ Epic Box Office Run . Read more on Cinema by The Quint.