IPL 2017: Eager to return for RCB, Virat Kohli announces his comeback date
In mega relief to the Royal Challengers Bangalore camp, skipper Virat Kohli is all set to make a comeback in the tenth edition of Indian Premier League.
The right-hand batsman, Kohli has finally announced his return date as he said that he will take field on Friday, April 14 against Mumbai Indians at the M Chinnaswamy stadium in Bangalore.
Kohli made the announcement in an Instagram post. He had sustained a shoulder injury during the third Test against Australia in Ranchi in March following which he was out of action for almost three weeks.
The absence of Kohli has marred Bangalore's journey so far in the tournament as the team lost two matches and won only one.
After losing two matches, RCB is currently placed at sixth position in the table.
Flamboyant player AB De Villiers made a sensational comeback in yesterday's match against Kings XI Punjab but the stars were not in RCB's favour and they lost the match by 8 wickets.
Presence of Virat Kohli, who smashed four centuries in last season of IPL, will surely boost the team's confidence as they will look forward to a drive to the winning track.
- Buy IPL 2017 Tickets Online: Here's how you can book tickets for 10th season of Indian Premier League
- ICC names Intel as its Innovation Partner for Champions Trophy 2017
- IPL 2017, RPS v DD preview: Supergiant aims to return to winning form against Daredevils
- 2018 Blind World Cup final to be held in Pakistan
- IPL 2017, RCB Vs KXIP, Match 8 Preview: Punjab and Bengaluru eye second win