Here are the top headlines of the day:
1. India's daily COVID case tally now reaches the 3.5L mark with over 2,700 fatalities in the last 24 hours.
2. Oxygen supply crisis hits the nation as several hospitals from across the country now send SOS pleas to the Central government, urging the early release of oxygen.
3. Amidst the ongoing crisis in the country of acute shortage of oxygen, the Central government has now sanctioned 551 oxygen plants. The funds have been diverted from the PM-CARES fund.
4. Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal announces the extension of lockdown in the National Capital. The six-day lockdown was to end tomorrow but has now been extended for another week.
5. The mega pricing row of the vaccine has once again been stoked between the Centre and the states. This after the prices of vaccines for Centre's procurement and states vary, opposition demands uniform prices.