India Today Conclave 2018: World leaders, think tanks to mull over global challenges
India Today Conclave is all set to return to Mumbai on March 9 and March 10 with stellar performances, compelling ideas, insightful talks and brilliant short films.
The evolving conclave offers contemporary thought leaders from across the world a forum to share their innovative ideas to shape the global future. One of the distinguished leaders to join the initiative is the former Secretary of State, Hillary Rodham Clinton. This is the second time Clinton will be participating in the India Today Conclave.
The theme for 2018 'The Great Churn - Triumphs and Tribulations'. With the tumultuous social, economic and political changes, the past is no longer guided to the future. This means thinking the unthinkable should become the norm.
The theme encompasses all the formidable challenges faced by the global citizens today: be it emerging new leaders, simmering social tensions, massive climatic concerns, growing fears of terror, political, social and economic upheavals or the ambiguities associated with it. Nothing is as it was, whether it is the world, the nation state, society, or community.
However, even in the times of duress, some of the global titans have still succeeded in creating opportunities and moving ahead with the tough times, giving the world HOPE. This year the theme for India Today Conclave, The Great Churn: Triumphs and Tribulation, has been thoughtfully envisioned to prepare for the future.
Speaking on the occasion, Ms. Kalli Purie, Vice Chairperson, India Today Group said, "We are very excited to welcome Former Secretary of State Ms. Hillary Rodham Clinton to the India Today Conclave for a second time. When she visited us last she was a senator and at the cusp of her first presidential bid. She has travelled a long way since. Now a global icon for feminism and hope we are so looking forward to welcoming her back in our midst."
India Today Conclave is a unique platform where the sharpest minds from across the globe converge at a forum to discuss and debate issues from around the world. This will be the second year that the India Today Group's signature event will be held in Mumbai in March 2018. The Great Churn, the theme of the India Today Conclave this year, features a path to find your way as the world tilts on its axis.
The conferences details and registrations for the event can be done at www.indiatodayconclave.com.
The registrations for the event can be done at www.indiatodayconclave.com.
List of guest speakers at India Today Conclave 2018
1. Hillary Rodham Clinton, Former Secretary of State
2. Yuval Noah Harari, Author of Homo Deus and Sapiens
3. Nita Ambani, Chairperson and Founder, Reliance Foundation
4. Uday Kotak, Managing Director, Kotak Mahindra Bank
5. Karisma Kapoor, Actor
6. Kareena Kapoor Khan, Actor
7. P. V. Sindhu, Olympic Silver Medalist
8. Pullela Gopichand, Chief National Coach, Indian Badminton team
9. Kidambi Srikanth , Badminton Player
10. Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister, Petroleum and Natural Gas and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
11. Gulzar, Lyricist
12. Arvind Panagariya, Former Vice Chairman, Niti Aayog
13. Amit Malviya, BJP Social Media Cell
14. Divya Spandana, Congress Social Media Cell
15. Dr. Harald Stossier, Founder, VIVAMAYR and Modern Mayr Medicine
16. Dr. Marian Alonzo, Medical Chief, The Farm at San Benito
17. Rupi Kaur, Poet
18. Shashi Tharoor, Member of Parliament
19. Naeem Khan, Designer
20. Dr. Murali Doraiswamy, Professor of Psychiatry and Medicine, Duke University Health System
21. Matthieu Ricard, World's Happiest Man
22. Captain Amarinder Singh, Chief Minister, Punjab
23. Derek O'Brien, Member of Parliament
24. Hardik Patel, Socio- Political Activist
25. Jignesh Mevani, MLA , Vadgam, Gujarat
26. Sourav Ganguly, Former Captain, Indian Cricket Team
27. Prithvi Shaw, Captain, India U-19 cricket team
28. Rahul Johri, CEO, BCCI
29. Sachin Pilot, President, Rajasthan Congress; Former Union Minister
30. Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Fashion Designer