Four people have been arrested by police in connection with the HSC exam paper leak. Three of the four accused arrested by the Vashi Police are students.
The question papers were circulated through the instant messaging app WhatsApp just before the exams were to start.
HERE IS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- On receiving a complaint, the Navi Mumbai Police registered two separate cases of offence--Marathi paper was leaked on March 2, paper on Secretarial Practice was leaked on March 4.
- The accused have been identified as Rahul Bachelal Bhaskar (22), Azaruddin Kamaruddin Shaikh (20), Mohammad Aman Mohammad Islam Shaikh (19) and Suresh Jha (26). Among them, Jha is a tuition teacher.
- According to Vashi Police, the arrested accused were involved in forwarding the message on WhatsApp. Police are yet to trace the source of the messages.
- The accused have been booked under relevant sections of the Maharashtra Prevention of Malpractices at University, Board and Other Specified Examination Act as well as under the Information Technology Act.
- The Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE), which conducts the Class 12 HSC exams, filed an FIR at the Vashi Police Station on Friday after it found out that Marathi paper was leaked just before the exam started on Thursday.
- On Saturday, another FIR was registered after three pages of the Secretarial Practice question paper were found to have been circulated on the same WhatsApp group.