IPL is also known to be a run-fest. The shortest format can be really hard on bowlers. We revisit the top 10 highest team totals in the history of the tournament.
1. Royal Challengers Bangalore, 263/5 vs Pune Warriors - 23rd April 2013
RCB tops the list with the highest team score ever in IPL. Chris Gayle's 66-ball 175 and AB de Villiers' breezy 8-ball 31 powered RCB to 263/5. They played in their home against Pune Warriors India. RCB won the match by 130 runs.
2. Royal Challengers Bangalore, 248/3 vs Gujarat Lions - 14th May 2016
RCB holds second spot as well in the list. AB's 129* and Virat Kohli's 109 lifted RCB to 248/3 against Gujarat Lions at Bengaluru. RCB won the match by 144 runs.
3. Chennai Super Kings, 246/5 vs Rajasthan Royals - 3rd April 2010
Number 3 on the list is CSK as Murali Vijay's 127 helped them to a score of 246. The Chennai team played on their home turf against Rajasthan Royals and won the match by 23 runs.
4. Kolkata Knight Riders, 245/6 vs Kings XI Punjab - 12th May 2018
KKR grabbed the award for the highest team score in their match against KXIP in Indore. They accumulated a score of 245/6 in a single innings with a run rate of 12.25. KKR won by 31 runs. A 36-ball 75 from Sunil Narine and a 23-ball 50 from Dinesh Karthik were the highlights from KKR's innings.
5. Chennai Super Kings, 240/5 vs KXIP - 19th April 2008
CSK rode on Michael Hussey's 54-ball 116 to register 240/5 in their 20 overs. The match was being played in Mohali against KXIP, and CSK won by 33 runs.
6. Royal Challengers Bangalore, 235/1 vs Mumbai Indians - 10th May 2015
RCB returned to top the charts again with a score of 235/1. Playing against Mumbai Indians in Mumbai, AB's 133* guided RCB to a humongous total. RCB won the match by 39 runs.
7. Kings XI Punjab, 232/2 vs RCB - 17th May 2011
KXIP played against RCB at Dharamshala to gain the title of the highest team score. Riding on skipper Adam Gilchrist's 106, KXIP scored 232/2 and went on to bed RCB by 111 runs.
8. Kolkata Knight Riders, 232/2 vs Mumbai Indians - 28th April 2019
KKR grabbed the high-scoring team title with a score of 232/2 in 1 inning with a run rate of 11.6. The match was played in the Eden Gardens against Mumbai Indians, and KKR won by 34 runs.
9. Delhi Daredevils, 231/4 vs KXIP - 23rd April 2011
Knocks of 77 each from the openers Virender Sehwag and David Warner in Delhi helped hosts to 231/4. DD beat KXIP by 29 runs.
10. King XI Punjab, 231/4 vs CSK - 7th May 2014
KXIP played against CSK in Cuttack that year. The Punjab team attained a score of 231/4 with a run rate of 11.55. They won the match by 33 runs.