Headlines of the day
1. 19-year old Dalit girl in the Hathras gangrape case succumbs to injuries in Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital. The girl died nearly two weeks after she was gang-raped. While all the four accused have been arrested, the family is demanding justice and that the accused should not be spared. SSP, Prakash Kumar says the victim suffered a lot of injuries and died after two weeks. An F.I.R had already been filed earlier but now, more sections have been included in the case.
2. Massive crowds have reached the Safdarjung Hospital from Haryana and Uttar Pradesh. The girl's body was going to be taken out however the crowds are massive. The DCP level cops are trying to clear the crowd. Her body is being taken with a huge crowd of protestors shouting slogans. U.P Police cars will be escorting the mortal remains of the Dalit girl.
3. CBI investigation on Sushant Singh Rajput's death case is in the final stage yet the All India Institute of Medical Sciences’ forensic report not contrary to the CBI probe. The agency has issued no clean-chit to any of the accused. AIIMS panel report on Sushant’s death says that there is no trace of organic poisoning in his body but the homicide angle cannot be opted out. The report also says that there is no enough light in the room where an autopsy was conducted.
4. Sushant Singh Rajput death case: Times Now confronts Cooper Hospital dean but he refuses to answer our questions and how the AIIMS report has highlighted lapses on the part of Cooper hospital while conducting Sushant Singh Rajput's autopsy.
Times Now's Madhavdas reports, AIIMS hospital report has questioned the role of the Cooper hospital and have found fault in the report. The managers of the Cooper hospital clearly have not been allowed to do so. They have been blocked from going ahead and asking these questions when the dean was confronted by Times Now's crew. Watch the on-ground report of the confrontation.
5. The decision of Bombay High Court is likely to be finalized today itself. Rhea and Showik’s drug chats had leaked a few days ago. While the brother-sister duo claims that they have been trapped in the racket, the NCB states that they are a part of a massive drug syndicate.
6. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, while launching 6 mega projects under Namami Gange Mission has given a direct response to the opposition, to Congress party specifically over the way politics have been played on the issue of 3 farm bills passed by the Parliament and a clear message has gone from Prime Minister Narendra Modi, says 'India will continue on the path of reforms. There are some in the opposition which has always blocked reforms in the country'.