Dipika Pallikal, the spectacular squash player of India, is celebrating her birthday on Saturday, September 21. Pallikal, who is married to Indian cricketer Dinesh Karthik, is the first Indian squash player to enter into top 10 PSA Women's Rankings. While Dinesh Karthik is a well-known sportsman, many achievements of his wife Dipika Pallikal is not known to many Indian sports enthusiasts. As the Indian sportswoman celebrates her 28th birthday, we will look at all her major achievements in the sport of squash so far. Dinesh Karthik Turns 33: Dipika Pallikal Sweet Birthday Wishes for Hubby.
Pallikal was born on September 21, 1991. She is currently ranked 19 among international women squash players. She has also been awarded Arjuna Award in 2012 and Padma Shri in 2014 for her hard work and recognitions in the sport of squash. She has won many medals in Commonwealth Games and Asian Games. Below is the list of all Pallikal's outstanding achievements in squash. CWG 2018: Dipika Pallikal Questions Unfair 'Shocking Decisions' After Losing Mixed Doubles Squash Gold Medal.
- Pallikal won a gold medal in Women's doubles in Commonwealth Games 2014 in Glasgow.
- She also won a silver medal in Women's doubles in Commonwealth Games 2018 in Gold Coast.
- She also baaged a silver medal in Commonwealth Games 2018 in mixed doubles.
- In Asian Games 2014, she won a silver medal in India's women team.
- She also won a bronze medal in women's singles in Asian Games 2014.
- In Asian Games 2018 in Jakarta, she won a bronze medal in women's singles.
These were some of the crucial feats of the star Indian squash player. With Arjuna Sward and Padma Shri in her name, Indian government has greatly appreciated and lauded her efforts for India in the sport of squash. Keep the Indian flag high Mrs. Pallikal and Happy Birthday once again!