The Congress today said the government should have sought liquor baron Vijay Mallya's deportation, which would have ensured his being handed over to India, instead of extradition.
Congress spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala said, "Why did the BJP government not move for Mallya's deportation instead of extradition? Deportation would have led to immediate handing over of Mallya to us. Why did they go for extradition? What kind of extradition is this? He was detained for an hour and then granted bail honourably and he is defiant"
"It took three years for BJP and Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to move the UK authorities in February 2017. Why did they delay for three years? Will it take our entire lifetime before Mallya is finally brought back," he asked.
CONGRESS DEMANDS ANSWER FOR
- Why did the BJP help Mallya get elected as an MP on 9/6/2010 by voting in his favour? Reason thereof?
- Why did CBI not arrest Mallya and attach his properties at the time of registration of FIR on 29/7/2015 itself preventing his escape?
- Why did BJP government grant loan waiver of Rs 1200 crore to Mallya on 16/9/2016 despite the fact that he had fled the country with Rs 9,091 crore.
- Why were Finance Ministry and Banks lax in preventing Mallya from escaping India despite clear advice of AG on 28/2/2016 ?
- Why did BJP government take 3 years to make a request for extradition of Mallya only on 9/2/2017 to UK Govt for the first time?
- Why is BJP Govt shying from moving against Lalit Modi, who escaped to UK even before Mallya ?
- Will PM & FM tell the Nation the date by which India will recover 9091 Cr as also physical custody of Mallya & Lalit Modi ?
ALSO READ: Also watch: