Gorakhpur hospital deaths due to disruption in oxygen supply, govt. asks for report
As many as 30 children have lost their lives due to encephalitis in a span of 48 hours at the hospital of Gorakhpur's Baba Raghav Das Medical College.
Gorakhpur DM Rajeev Rautela has said that the cause of the deaths at the BRD Hospital is the disruption in the supply of liquid oxygen and has further appealed to the suppliers to not cut the supply henceforth.
The shortage of oxygen led to encephalitis, which is a sudden onset inflammation of the brain.
"30 children lost their lives due to encephalitis in last 48 hours," Rautela added.
Seven children died reportedly today only.
The state government has reportedly asked for a report on this incident within 24 hours.
Further details are awaited.
- 'Ye to hona hi tha': Twitter erupts in mixed reactions on CBFC chief Pahlaj Nihalani's sacking
- Sushma Swaraj, Bhutan FM reviewed all aspects of New Delhi-Thimpu 'wide-ranging' partnership: MEA
- UP Minority Affairs Minister Mohsin Raza bats for MSP I-Day notice
- CBFC chief Pahlaj Nihalani sacked from his position, to be succeeded by Prasoon Joshi
- Congress terms UP MSP's notice to madarsas as 'unconstitutional'