The "Narrowband IoT Enterprise Application Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The NB-IoT Enterprise Application Market is expected to register a CAGR of 61.3% over the forecast period (2020 to 2025).
Many service providers are into setting up of their IoT business units in order to counter the growing number of companies embracing the benefits that mobile IoT brings with major operators acquiring business to capture the wider part of the value chain and revenues.
- Vodafone Group PLC
- AT&T Inc.
- Telstra Corporation Limited
- Etisalat Group
- Orange S.A.
- China Unicom Limited
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- SK Telecom Co. Ltd.
- China Telecom Corporation
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Telefonica S.A.
Key Market Trends
Smart Metering Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- Smart metering is expected to witness significant growth for the NB-IoT application market. It is sub-segmented into smart water, smart gas, and smart electric. Smart meters are important elements for utility monitoring and billing and one of the main components of the smart cities. They ensure the most accurate energy bills. Smart metering is further expected to see NB-IoT being integrated into a broader set of products in the coming years, including home appliances, door locks, and smoke detectors.
- Deployment of smart metering systems provides solutions to curb energy wastage in the industry. Implementation of smart metering systems enables energy suppliers to continuously monitor electricity usage by employing smart meter systems at multiple points in the grid.
- The smart metering entity maintains and operates the smart meter data repository that processes, stores, and protects electricity consumption data used for consumer billing by Ontario's local distribution companies.
- In July 2019, a contract was signed between Smart meters company Landis+Gyr and German electric utility E.ON, to install one million smart electricity meters with NB-IoT communication technology, as well as a head-end system on the Gridstream Connect platform. The upgrade will allow end-consumers to improve the efficiency of energy usage.
- According to Pietro Fiorentini, approximately 8 million smart gas meters are installed in Italy, and 0.5 million commercial and industrial gas meter installations are all smart gas meters. About 22 million residential gas meters are expected to be converted to smart gas meters by 2021, as estimated by the company, with the aid of NB IoT infrastructure.
- Moreover, Shenzhen Gas, a prominent energy company, has partnered with China Telecom, Huawei and Goldcard Smart, to test the feasibility of NB-IoT gas meters to solve some of the challenges that the industry faces with the current smart gas meters.
North America Expected to Hold Significant Market Share
- North America is expected to hold a major market share for the NB-IoT application market owing to the early adoption of technologies such as IoT. Businesses in the US are investing billions into LTE network, smart cities projects such as Smart City Accelerator Program, also the presence of major players such as AT&T is able to generate significant revenue share from the region, which further aids to the growth of the market.
- Telecom operators initially deployed LTE-M networks in the region. In April 2019, AT&T, an American multinational telecom company, announced the launch of NarrowBand Internet of Things (NB-IoT) in the US. According to the company, the new network will be able to unlock the next wave of IoT connection, which will further showcase its major step towards 5G and massive IoT. Additionally, businesses also have more choices as the company offers both LTE-M and NB-IoT networks in the US and Mexico by ensuring carrier-grade security.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing Demand for LPWAN Use Cases Across Verticals
4.2.2 High Deployment Flexibility with GSM, WCDMA, or LTE
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Deployment Issues & Competition From Rival LPWAN Technologies
4.4 Industry Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Enterprise Size
5.1.1 Small and Medium Enterprises
5.1.2 Large Enterprises
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Smart Metering
5.2.2 Smart Asset Tracking
5.2.3 Smart Governance
5.2.4 Facility Management Services
5.2.5 Other Applications (Security, Connected Industrial Assets)
5.3 By End-user Industry
5.3.1 Energy & Utilities
5.3.3 Industrial Manufacturing
5.3.4 Transportation & Logistics
5.3.5 Other End-user Industries
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 FUTURE OF THE MARKET
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/d46pcb
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900