The "Global Liquid Biopsy Market (by Circulating Biomarker, Product, Application, End User, Clinical Application, Cancer Types, Sample Type, Regional & Country Wise Analysis), Initiatives, Funding, Major Deals, 35 Company Profiles and Recent Developments - Forecast to 2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global liquid biopsy market is expected to reach nearly US$ 8.2 Billion by 2027
Liquid biopsy is a non-invasive technology that detects molecular biomarkers using liquid samples without the need for costly or invasive procedures. Liquid biopsy aids in planning the required treatment and also check for treatment effectiveness as well as repeated occurrence of tumor during and after the course of cancer treatment.
The abilities of liquid biopsy like, easy and minimal invasiveness, early cancer diagnosis & detection, characterization of new lesions, drug & therapeutic target identifications for cancer treatment are some advantages of liquid biopsies, which improve the safety and efficiency of cancer therapy for patients.
The advantages of liquid biopsy over solid tumor biopsy, rising prevalence of cancer, increasing preference for non-invasive procedures, growing public and private funding to support research activities in the field of liquid biopsy and favorable government initiatives, are some of the factors expected to propel the growth of liquid biopsy market in the coming years.
Some of the key factors inhibiting the growth of liquid biopsy market include clinical utility challenges, lack of sensitivity and specificity of liquid biopsy tests and unclear reimbursement & regulation scenario.
- In June 2020, NeoGenomics, Inc. announced the launch of three liquid biopsy tests for advanced non-small cell lung cancer, all solid tumor types (pan-cancer), and certain breast cancer cases.
- In June 2020, Guardant Health presented new data demonstrating that its LUNAR-2 liquid biopsy is a highly sensitive test that can detect early-stage colorectal cancer.
- In January 2020, Personal Genome Diagnostics Inc. partnered with Eisai Co., Ltd. to develop a comprehensive liquid biopsy biomarker discovery solution for oncology
- In November 2019, Lucence Diagnostics Pte Ltd, a genomic medicine company based in Singapore, raised US$ 20 Million in Series A funding.
- In June 2019, Saga Diagnostics, a Lund, Sweden based company raised US$ 4.1 Million in a financing round from Hadean Ventures.
- In February 2019, MDxHealth SA signed an exclusive distribution agreement with LifeLabs to make SelectMDx, the Company's non-invasive liquid biopsy prostate cancer test, available in Canada
- In August 2018, Bio-Techne Corporation completed its acquisition of Exosome Diagnostics, Inc.
Global Liquid Biopsy Market - Driving Factors
- Rising Applications of Liquid Biopsy Expected to Boost Liquid Biopsy Market
- Personalized Medicine to Spur Use of Liquid Biopsy Tests in Clinical Practice
- Rising Aging Population and Cancer Incidences to Drive Liquid Biopsy Market
- New Liquid Biopsy Product Launches to Fuel Market Revenues
- Government Funds for Refining Cancer Detection Drives the Liquid Biopsy Market Growth
- Increasing Focus of Manufacturers on Research & Development Through Collaborations To bolster Growth of Liquid Biopsy Market
Global Liquid Biopsy Market - Challenges
- Limitations in Third-Party Payer Coverage to Restrict Liquid Biopsy Market
- Liquid Biopsy Clinical Utility Challenges
- Unclear Regulations on Laboratory Developed Tests (LDT) for Liquid Biopsy
- ANGLE plc
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc
- Biocept, Inc.
- Biolidics Limited (Formerly Clearbridge Biomedics Pte Ltd)
- C2i Genomics
- Cardiff Oncology (Previously Trovagene, Inc.)
- CellMax Life
- Clinical Genomics Technologies Pty Ltd (CG)
- DiaCarta, Inc.
- Exosome Diagnostics, Inc. (Acquired by Bio-Techne Corporation)
- Foundation Medicine, Inc
- Genomic Health (Now Part of Exact Sciences Corp)
- Guardant Health, Inc.
- Karius, Inc.
- Lucence Diagnostics Pte Ltd
- LungLife AI (Formerly Cynvenio Biosystems, Inc.)
- Menarini-Silicon Biosystems
- Myriad Genetics, Inc
- NeoGenomics, Inc.
- OncoCell MDx (Now Immunis.AI)
- Pathway Genomics
- Personal Genome Diagnostics
- QIAGEN NV
- RainDance Technologies (Acquired by Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.)
- Rarecyte Inc.
- Roche Diagnostics (A Subsidiary of F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG)
- Saga Diagnostics
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc
- Thrive Earlier Detection Corp.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/1bb33g
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900