The editors here at Yahoo Beauty have had our eyes fixated on Selena Gomez‘s “Fetish” makeup ever since she first teased the music video. And now that it’s officially here, we can fully get into the natural look the 25-year-old singer is serving.
Selena’s makeup artist Hung Vanngo achieved this flawless no makeup-makeup using a gel highlighter, dark brown eyeliner, and lustrous peach lip gloss, all by Marc Jacobs Beauty. It doesn’t get anymore effortless than that!
In this edition of #CopyThat, makeup artist Tedrick LaMar of the Butterfly Studio Salon gives Yahoo Talent Acquisition intern Denise Frutos the “Fetish” glow. Watch the video above to learn his pro tricks, including where exactly to apply highlighter on your face and how to draw on fake freckles.
1. Use a spoolie brush to groom eyebrows, brushing upwards to help open up eyes.
2. Mimic fake freckles by drawing on sporadic small dots across cheeks and bridge of nose with a brown liner pencil. (LaMar used Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Matte Gel Eye Crayon 41 (Earth)quake).
3. Bring a touch of light to the face by placing Lunar Glaze from the Sephora Pro High Dimensional Highlighting Palette- Warm on the Cupid’s bow, tip of nose, and apples of cheeks.
4. Complete the look with a soft peach lip gloss like Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine Gloss Lip Lacquer 316 French Tickler.
Hair details: Mizani platform artist and educator Reece prepped Denise’s locks with Thermasmooth Style & Style Again for heat protection and to add hold to hair before loosely curling with a flat iron. Then she used the brand spanking new Lived-In Texture Creation Cream, a mattifying product that gives a grungy, separated look. Reece finished the look by spritzing the roots with Lived-In Finishing Spray (another new launch) for enhanced volume.
Read more from Yahoo Style + Beauty:
- How to Get Ariana Grande’s Edgy High Ponytail
- Bella Hadid’s Bangin’ No Makeup-Makeup Is Easier Than It May Seem
- Zendaya Remixes the Classic Smoky Eye With a Surprising Color