Gandhi family, political dignitaries pay tribute on Rajiv Gandhi's 75th birth anniversary
The entire Gandhi family including Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Vice-President Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Vadra on Sunday paid tribute to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi on his 75th birth anniversary in the national capital.
Many leaders and family members of the late Prime Minister were present at the ceremony. Dignitaries like former president Pranab Mukherjee, former chief minister Sheila Dikshit were also present.
They offer wreaths at the place called Veer Bhoomi where Gandhi was cremated.
The assassination the ex-Prime Minister of India, occurred as a result of a suicide bombing in Sriperumbudur, near Madras, in Tamil Nadu, India on Tuesday, 21 May 1991.
Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhawana Diwas is a day to commemorate the values, attitudes and ideals of the late Prime Minister. An attempt is made to understand and uphold his passion for the progress of the nation and his pioneering of many national and international projects.
Rajiv Gandhi was the son and successor of the late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. He was the sixth Prime Minister of India serving from a period between 1984- 1989. When he took office he was the youngest Indian Prime Minister to hold the position.
- UP: Minor allegedly gangraped by cop, father dies of shock
- Ramdas Athawale bats for SC, ST reservation in Indian Army
- Muzaffarnagar train derailment: Restoration in full swing, rail route to be cleared by evening
- Muzzafarnagar accident: Passengers rescued injured before help reached
- Muzaffarnagar: Indian Railways releases emergency helpline number