Season 7 of Game of Thrones will see worlds collide, as Daenerys Targaryen arrives in Westeros to stake a claim to the Iron Throne. She’ll have to wrest it from Cersei Lannister’s cold, scheming fingers, though. And then there are the Starks, who have finally returned to and regained their family seat in Winterfell. Of course, the greatest threat of all is waiting on the other side of the Wall — the Night King and his army of White Walkers.
As viewers count down the days until the HBO drama’s seventh-season premiere on July 16, Yahoo TV is launching our official countdown: #GoTIsComing. Check back here every day as we give updates on all of your favorite characters, details on an important new location, and a travel guide to the locations of Westeros. So pull on a thick coat and get ready for a long and brutal winter.
Ned Stark had it easy: He died before the first season of Game of Thrones was even over. For the rest of Westeros, things have been hard. There have been assassinations, plagues, wars, people burned alive, and, yes, at least two weddings. The characters of GoT age like presidents and dogs: One year for us is like seven for them. Cersei, Jaime, Daenerys, Arya, and Jon have all come a long way since we first saw them; so much so that it can be easy to forget what they once were like.
Game of Thrones Season 7 premieres Sunday, July 16 at 9 p.m. on HBO.
Read more of our #GoTIsComing coverage:
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Preview: What’s Next for the Starks?
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Preview: What’s Next for the Greyjoys?
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7: Everything We Know So Far
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Peril-o-Meter: Who Dies Next?
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Spinoffs: What We Know (and Want)
* ‘Game of Thrones’: What’s the Deal With the Citadel?
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Map: A Catch-Up Guide to Where Everyone Is
* ‘Game of Thrones’: What’s Next For the Greyjoys?
* Every ‘Game of Thrones’ Funko Pop! Doll You Can Buy Right Now
* ‘Game of Thrones’: 14 Times Littlefinger Was. The. Worst.
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Preview: What’s Next For the Starks?
* ‘Game of Thrones’: Ranking the Couples From Eww to #Goals
* ‘Game of Thrones’ World Tour: A Guide to Seven Kingdoms Filming Locations Fans Can Visit IRL
* ‘Game of Thrones’: 15 Secrets and Details That the Costumes Reveal