Furniture godown gutted in Bhiwandi, no injuries in blaze

Thane, May 4 (PTI) A fire destroyed a furniture godown in Bhiwandi in Thane district on Tuesday, though there were no reports of anyone getting injured, an official said.

The blaze started at 11:30am and was put out at around 3:40pm by fire-tending vehicles and personnel from Kalyan-Dombivali and Bhiwandi-Nizampura civic bodies, Thane Municipal Corporation Regional Disaster Management Cell chief Santosh Kadam said.

'No one was injured in the fire, the cause of which is being probed,' Kadam added. PTI COR BNM BNM