Former Orissa High Court judge to be produced before Special CBI judge today
Retired Orissa High Court Judge IM Quddusi, along with five others will be produced before Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) judge at Patiala House, on 25 September, in connection with the leakage of sensitive information relating to inspections, administrative decisions or action contemplated by the Medical Council of India (MCI) against some medical colleges.
The four-day police custody of the six accused is getting over today.
The CBI has filed an FIR under Section-8 of Prevention of Corruption Act and Section 120-B, under criminal conspiracy taking gratification by corrupt or illegal means to influence a public servant.
The CBI also recovered Rs. One Crore from the one of the accused person and increment documents from the retired judge, during raid.
- Pakistan has made fool out of itself: former diplomats rebuke Maleeha Lodhi
- Mumbai: Journalist, writer Arun Sadhu passes away at 76
- BJP is rattled especially with recent universities win: Congress
- 'Tortured like an animal': Indian woman recalls 14-month ordeal in Saudi
- Supreme Court directs admission of two colour-blind students in MBBS