Indian Naval Officer Kulbhushan Jadhav has been given death sentence on 10 April through FGCM by Pakistan Army for espionage and sabotage activities against Pakistan.
He was arrested in Pakistan on spying charge on 3 March 2016.
According to media reports, he was described as an agent of Indian spy agency RAW.
A press release from the ISPR read, “The spy was tried through Field General Court Martial (FGCM) under the Pakistan Army Act (PAA) and awarded the death sentence. Today Chief of Army Staff Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa confirmed his death sentence awarded by FGCM.”
Islambad had released a video last year in which Mr Yadav allegedly confessed. However, it was later proved that the video was doctored.
- Kerala govt to use live streaming tech for tourism promotion
- Opposition parties to meet Election Commission over issue of 'EVM tampering'
- Venkaiah naidu comes to Tarun Vijay's rescue, says Congress 'politicizing' matter
- After liquor ban,Manohar Parrikar Govt. cracking down on rave parties in Goa
- CBI court grants bail to five accused in Jindal coal block case