A massive fire broke out at an emergency ward of North Bengal medical college. Fire spotted from both sides of one of the oxygen machines mounted on the wall. All patients have been evacuated & there are no reports of injuries.
This was a major mishap that was averted because hospitals are usually packed with patients due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The fire tenders were rushed to the hospital. The fire department officials and the technicians who supplied the oxygen have now started to assess how the fire actually occurred which means an investigation is underway. The report of this investigation will be submitted to the hospital authorities. Times Now correspondent Sreyashi Dey reports.