A fire broke out at a shopping centre in Mumbai’s Borivali West on Saturday, 11 July.
14 fire engines were pressed into action but no loss of life has been reported so far. According to Chief Fire Officer, Prabhat Rahangdale, the fire was confined to the basement of the shopping complex but now the fire, heat and smoke has extended to the ground floor and the first floor.
“Ventilation work has been undertaken at the site with the help of JCB by removing side grills of basement. There are ten small engine lines in operation in basement and one small line on first floor of 10 motor pumps,” Rahangdale said.
According to a report in NDTV, the security incharge of the complex has claimed that the fire, which broke out around 2:55 am, was caused by a short circuit in one of the shops.
(With inputs from NDTV)
. Read more on India by The Quint.Fire Breaks Out at a Shopping Centre in Mumbai’s Borivali WestLatest News: 6 Insurgents Killed in Arunanchal Pradesh . Read more on India by The Quint.