A fire broke out on the ground floor of the AIIMS Trauma Centre in New Delhi on Sunday, 24 March near one of the operation theatres, the Delhi Fire Service said.
A call was received at 6:13 pm about the incident, following which 12 fire tenders were rushed to the spot, Chief Fire officer Atul Garg said.
Garg told ANI, “A medium category fire broke out at 1812 hours at basement of AIIMS Trauma Centre, Delhi. Fire is completely under control now. There are no casualties. Upper floor was vacated due to smoke. “
AIIMS administration has instituted an inquiry into the matter to identify the cause of fire and to suggest further measures for improvement, reported ANI.
Hospital sources said patients had to be shifted to another ward and others were evacuated since the smoke engulfed the ground floor of the building.
The electricity supply has been stopped in the building for now and short circuit is suspected to be the reason behind the incident, they said.
(With PTI, ANI inputs)
. Read more on India by The Quint.RSS & BJP’s Nehru-Netaji ‘Cosplay’: Irony Dies a Thousand DeathsMatch Recap: Kolkata Knight Riders Beat Sunrisers by Six Wickets . Read more on India by The Quint.