Fire Breaks Out At Hostel in Khammam, Telangana; 10-Year-Old Student Dead

Team Latestly

Hyderabad, July 15: In a shocking incident, a student in Telangana was killed after fire broke out inside the hostel room. Reports inform that a 10-year-old student was killed while two other kids fell sick after a short circuit took place at the hostel in Khammam city. The short circuit further engulfed in a cloud of thick smoke, causing suffocation. According to a tweet by ANI, a case has been registered into the matter. Telangana: 18-Year-Old Boy Declared Brain Dead Comes Alive as Family Members Prepare For Funeral.

Also Read | Nalluri Srinivas Rao, TRS Leader, Abducted by Naxals 3 days Ago Found Dead in Sukma

As soon as the incident was reported, police launched an investigation into the matter. SK Karim, District Fire Officer Khammam informed that the room was small and kids inside were unable to call out. "Since the room was very small & there was only one outlet, children found it difficult to come out", Karim said.

Earlier this month, a 24-year-old student allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself inside his hostel of IIT campus. The incident came to light after the victim's friends informed the police about the incident. According to Sangareddy Rural police, the student identified as Mark Andrews Charles completed his Masters in Designing from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) a few days ago and was preparing for the last presentation. The Police said they had recovered a suicide note from his room in which he apologised to his parents and friends for taking the extreme step.

Also Read | Telangana: 18-Year-Old Boy Declared Brain Dead Comes Alive as Family Members Prepare For Funeral