Ludhiana, Apr 30 (PTI) A massive fire broke out at a cycle parts manufacturing unit at Janta Nagar in the Simlapuri area here today.
It took about two hours for eight fire tenders to put out the flames, police said.
An electrical short circuit is believed to be the reason behind the fire, fire officer Rajinder Sharma said, adding the exact cause would be established only after investigation.
There was no loss of life in the incident, he said.
However, the fire caused massive damage to the building and machinery of the plant, he added.
This is published unedited from the PTI feed.