Stocks are mixed at the midday mark, with the Dow Industrials (^DJI, DIA) and S&P 500 (^GSPC, SPY) rallying, and the Nasdaq (^IXIC, QQQ) struggling at the flat line. The financial (XLF) and energy (XLE) sectors are leading the way up, while the health care (XLV) sector is the most in the red. Alan Valdes, director of floor operations at Silverbear, joins us live from the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance’s Rick Newman, Justine Underhill and Yahoo Finance tech critic David Pogue.
Today on Midday Movers, we talk about:
- Stanford study says Obamacare did not kill jobs
- Earnings picture for tech, industrials and cyclicals
- Bullish signs for crude oil?
- Zume Pizza is made by robots, cooked in delivery trucks
- The Chipotle corporate sabotage theory
- Toyota is developing long-range, fast-charging electric cars: report
- Money can buy happiness after all