Here are the top headlines of the day:
1. Dravidian DMK turns dharmik; Stalin promises mandir yatra
Tamil Nadu election manifesto takes churns with new religious promises.
2. West Bengal: EC unsatisfied by govt report on Nandigram 'attack' incident
EC sources state that neutral witnesses were missing and the EC is not convinced by the report submitted by the chief secy.
3. Farmers' protest reaches Bengal: Kisan netas urge voters to not cast vote for BJP
Weeks ahead of the West Bengal Assembly elections, protesters have descended on the eastern state to rally against BJP.
4. India record highest single-day spike in COVID cases
States set up vigilance, lockdown announced in many cities.
5. ‘Get ready to be de-boarded for COVID-19 violation’ says DCGA, issues notice to airlines
Aviation regulator Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has issued a circular for airlines on strict compliance with COVID-19 protocols during air travel.
6. Bhainsa Communal Riots: Blockade in Telangana continues
Section 144 imposed, no internet or media and forces have been deployed.