Lucknow, Apr 4: The first cabinet meeting of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath led Uttar Pradesh government was held on Tuesday, in which number of decisions were taken. One of the key decision taken by the Yogi Adityanath led UP government is the farm loan waiver. Yogi Adityanath government decided loan waiver of up to Rs 1 lakh for small farmers in the first cabinet meeting. The farm loan waiver was one the key issues in the BJP’s poll manifesto. The cabinet also stamped their approval on the ordinances on the ban on illegal slaughterhouses and formation of anti-Romeo squads to rein in crimes against women.
In the first cabinet meeting of the Uttar Pradesh government, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath stressed on bringing reformation in the education system of the state. The chief minister announced that FIR would be registered against all government school teachers, indulged in giving private tuitions to students. “Major changes should be brought in the education system of Uttar Pradesh within 100 days,” said Yogi Adityanath in the cabinet meet.
- Yogi Adityanath announced loan waiver of up to Rs 1 lakh for small farmers.
- The farm loan waiver offered by the UP government will benefit around 2.5 crore small and marginalised farmers in Uttar Pradesh.
- Uttar Pradesh government will bear the cost of the farm loan waiver. Around Rs 36,000 crore will be required for the farm loan waiver.
- To rein in increasing fees of private schools and tuition classes, Yogi Adityanath order to make proper guidelines.
- FIR to be registered against government teachers running tuition classes.
— CM Office, GoUP (@CMOfficeUP) April 4, 2017
- Uttar Pradesh cabinet approved the proposal to buy 100 per cent wheat crop of farmers across the state.
- Yogi Adityanath government decided complete shutdown of illegal slaughter houses in the state.
- Cabinet approves setting up of a sports stadium in Ghazipur.
The BJP, in its Lok Kalyan Sankalp Patra (manifesto), had promised to waive the loans of small and marginal farmers. Prime Minister Narendra Modi too had said in his campaign speeches that writing off farm loans would be among the foremost tasks of the BJP government in Uttar Pradesh.