Farhan Akhtar to be part of Ashutosh Gowariker's next film
Farhan Akhtar is all set to take up his first film of this year, and it will be directed by Ashutosh Gowariker.
According to a source close to the development, 'Ashutosh is taking a break from history and serious subjects with a stylish, modern, action-packed caper which unfolds in Europe. Farhan is the leading man. The hunt for an actress opposite him, as also other members of the cast, is underway.'
While this pairing may surprise some, the duo's journey dates back to almost 16 years when Ashutosh was busy with ' Lagaan' and Farhan with his directorial debut, 'Dil Chahta Hai,' which released in the same year.
'The film had one actor in common, Aamir Khan, who was shooting for them almost simultaneously and the two directors were juggling for his dates. Little did Farhan know then that one day he would be directed by Ashutosh. They have been discussing this project for a couple of months; it will roll this year,' said the source.
- Half Girlfriend's new romantic track 'Main Phir Bhi Tumko' released
- Euro Fashions introduces Sidharth Malhotra as brand ambassador
- Rishi Kapoor asks Kapil Sharma, Sunil Grover to be together again
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Rana Daggubati starrer set to create history in Australia
- Never imagined why Kattappa killed Baahubali will be a talking point in India: Prabhas