After Exiting Flipkart, Sachin Bansal May Now Invest Rs 740 Crore in Ola

Team Latestly
His partner and Flipkart co-founder Binny Bansal is yet to disclose capital gains on his stake sale for the fiscal year.

Bangalore, October 11: Sachin Bansal in the month of May sold off his 5.5 per cent stake in Flipkart for an amount of US Dollar 1 billion. It was at that point of time, the company was taken over by US-based supermarket conglomerate Walmart. According to an Economic Times report, Bansal may be betting big on investing in Ola. He is expected to make a personal investment of up to $100 million or just over Rs 740 crore towards Ola. This is the Amount Sachin & Binny Bansal Will Get If They Exit Flipkart, Following Walmart's Entry.

Also Read | Flipkart Arm to Invest Rs 991 Crore for Logistics Hub in West Bengal

Reportedly, if the investment happens, then it will be one of the 'largest personal investment' in the Indian internet and the e-commerce space. This is not the first time that Bansal has invested in a start-up, but it will be one of his biggest investment. Ola And Uber Drivers Cancelling Your Ride Last Minute? Delhi Government to Impose Fine of Rs 25,000 Per Cancellation.

Walmart owns 77 per cent stakes in Flipkart, the remainder of the 23 per cent is with the minority shareholders, including the company's co-founder Binny Bansal, and the two multinationals - Tencent Holdings and Tiger Globals - who will remain part of the Board.

Also Read | OnePlus 6 & Samsung Galaxy S8 Smartphones Gets Massive Discounts Up to Rs 16,000 During Festive Online Sales on Flipkart & Amazon