New York [U.S.], Apr. 14 (ANI): In a development posing as a major embarrassment for U.S. President Donald Trump, his posh resort in Palm Beach, Florida, was slapped with 13 health violations at its last kitchen inspection in January.
Three violations were categorized as "high priority" by Florida's Division of Hotels and Restaurants, in which two were related to keeping raw in coolers that were set above the mandated maximum temperature of 41 degrees, reports CNN.
State sanitation and safety laws define high-priority violations as "those which could contribute directly to a foodborne illness or injury and include items such as cooking, reheating, cooling and hand-washing."
Another violation was for serving undercooked seafood that "not undergone proper parasite destruction," the inspector's report said. The inspector ordered the fish to be "fully cooked or discarded."
The inspector further said the temperature issue was resolved after the chef called a technician, who discovered the coolers' settings were mistakenly set to defrost.
"We take food safety very seriously and all of the minor adjustments were made immediately. Additionally, the report by the health inspector was updated on the same day to reflect that the Mar-a-Lago Club was in full compliance," said a spokeswoman for the Mar-a-Lago Club in a statement sent to CNN.
Since taking office as President, Trump has spent many weekends at the resort and has also played host to Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe for dinner there in February. (ANI)