Durham in line to sign Imad Wasim for NatWest T20 Blast
Pakistan all-rounder Imad Wasim is in line to join Durham as an overseas player for this season's NatWest T20 Blast competition.
Rated as the best T20 bowler in international cricket, the 28-year-old will join the county club for five matches before departing for the Caribbean Premier League (CPL), beginning August 5 at St. Lucia.
Imad, who made his international debut for Pakistan in 2015, was a member of the national team that won this year's maiden Champions Trophy title, ESPNcricinfo reported.
He was also impressive with his left-arm spin in the second edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) as well as during his stint at the CPL.
With Tom Latham currently out of action with a foot injury, Imad would bring something extra to a thin Durham squad, which have lost both the games they have played so far in the competition.
Imad's signing is currently subjected to him receiving a work permit.
- Whether captain or 12th man: Rahane says no ego, no insecurity
- Mithali Raj adds another feather to her cap, becomes highest Indian run scorer in Women's World Cup
- ICC women's world cup: Twitterati support Team India during do-or-die clash against New Zealand
- Here is how 'Thala' Dhoni welcomed his IPL team CSK
- Women's WC: New Zealand win toss, put India to bat